Friday, September 21, 2007

These Boots Were Made for Walking...

And that's just what they'll do...finally! My baby can walk!!! Now, in all honesty, he's only taking about six steps before falling, but they are an awesome six steps! He's even learned how to get into the standing position all by himself (without pulling up on anything around him). I wish I could say I taught him how to walk, but if I'm going to tell the truth, then the following is pretty much what happened during those first precious steps:
Harris is in his playroom (think dining room with no furniture), I'm in the kitchen chowing down on some Bagel Bites after a long day at work, James is upstairs in the shower...Harry comes over to the gate and starts whining because he wants a Bagel Bite. I pretend not to hear him because I don't want to share. He stops whining, I look over, and he's walking across the floor. And that, folks, is how it happened. I get in the playroom with him and get him to walk to me a few more times, and then I take off upstairs to get James out of the shower. I'm so excited, and I'm trying to move quickly because I don't want James to miss any of it...I make it very close to the top of the stairs before tripping over something (I think my own foot) and landing pretty hard on my hands and knees. The entire upstairs shakes. I jump up, run into the bathroom, say James' name, and hear "What just happened?" I respond, "Harris can walk!" He responds, "But what just happened up here?" I respond, "Um, that was me. I fell. But Harris can walk. Hurry up." And I head back to downstairs to laugh and smile and love on my walking baby.



These pics are all from Tuesday evening...obviously one day of walking is not enough practice.


And yeah, my grass is pretty much dead. We're just pretending it's winter. Or that we're doing our part for the environment by not wasting our most precious natural resource.


And here's the fun extra pic for the week...he loves the park. Nothing beats cheap (or free) fun.

2 comments:

Henderson 5 said...

Hey girl,

I miss you too! Let's get together and walk some weekend soon! I'm so excited that Harris is walking...Cole is right there too. Tell James we said hey and I'm pumped you finally mentioned the baby on your blog!

The Lockharts said...

Congrats Harry! Now you and Quinn can be in the "big nursery" together. P.S. we love those smashing tube socks.