Saturday, September 15, 2007

You Dropped a Bomb on Me, Baby

So it's come to my attention that I have yet to officially post anything whatsoever about this new baby taking up residence in my womb. I have no idea why...unless it's the fact that the little booger is sucking every ounce of energy I have managed to somehow store away from Harris, thus rendering me very, very close to comatose. Poor James. As my energy is depleted, so is all sense of courtesy and respect. I'm trying...I really am.

Anyway, we're excited (and nervous, crazy, anxious, and finally over our initial shock) to be welcoming a new baby in mid-March. My due date is actually March 20, but because I ended up having a C-section with Harris, I now get to choose how I'd like to bring this new baby into the world...and I was seriously leaning toward a VBAC until I learned that a scheduled C-section would take place 7-10 days before the due date. Sweet!! That might seriously influence my decision...that and the fact that a C-section means having a catheter for 24 hours. I'm not kidding. The catheter was the best part of my previous birth experience...after all those months of having to pee every hour on the hour (at least), it was GREAT to be able to drink as much as I wanted and never have to leave the bed. Definitely worth the twenty-something staples in my uterus. There is a lot to consider in the decision, though, and it's not one we'll take lightly. I'll keep you posted.
And now back to Harry. Here are some great pics of his adventures this week. I love this little guy. Please keep the following in mind when viewing the next couple of pictures: his teeth are still growing. The current snaggle-tooth stage he's experiencing is most likely not related in any way whatsover to my childhood dental predicament best known as the "Shredder" years. Yes, I had some funky teeth. Yes, they made my mouth look like a can opener. Yes, I am reminded of that time period every time I go to Mom's and see big family pic hanging on her wall. No, that is not happening to my little baby. And yes, he's always this happy when he eats. He's part Donaldson.

He's also generally happy during bath time. And he's got a ton of hair. And he pees in the bath every night. Without fail.
Thursday was a particulary energy-draining day for me. I'm not sure why; I was just beat by the time I got home. James and I decided to try out Harry's Baby Einstein video, "Neighborhood Animals," and all I can say is "On what planet have I been living on that I have not ever done this before?!?!?!?!?!" This was awesome. He actually sat still for 20 minutes. TWENTY MINUTES!!! Thank You, God, for Baby Einstein!!
And here's the final pic of the post...I had to work today (yuck!), so James took Harris to the snake and lizard show (don't ask, I don't know any details) here in Dacula. This will never live as a pet (or in any other form, for that matter) in my house. I wonder what he's thinking...

1 comment:

The Lockharts said...

Put some more water in that child's bath... he must be freezing! I also believe that in every post there has been a picture of Harris in his high chair, just something I noticed.