Sunday, October 28, 2007

8 Random Cooking Things

Did anyone have any idea that a tag-type game exists in the blogging world? Because one does. I was reading my friend Deanna's blog, simply to see what's going on in her world, and there, at the bottom of her post, is my name...with the directions that I am now being "tagged" and must write about 8 random cooking things...are you kidding me????!!!??? But because I am a good friend, I will not let her down. So here goes...
8 Random Cooking Things
1. Ummm, I don't cook. Ever. Unless you count heating up a DiGorno pizza, or a Stouffer's lasagna (that stuff is dang good...especially the veggie kind), or a Gerber Graduates box meal, or something else of the sort. I can, however, brown some ground beef and pour a little Prego over it...I can even cook the noodles myself. I'm a genius with boiling water.

2. The kitchen is officially closed on Tuesday nights. That's when my family eats at Chickfila. No questions asked. We've been there every Tuesday night for the past 9 years. Only they recently stopped the cheap kids meals, which is why we started going in the first place. We could each get two kids meals at a cheaper price than a value meal, and it was the same amount of food!! Now we just go for the combos.
3. Whenever it's our turn to bring dinner to LIFE group, we order pizza. Papa John's has a mean Italian Meats Trio pizza. Or at least, they used to. I called last week and they told me they were no longer selling it. So I didn't order anything. But always, always, always make sure you order your pies with extra sauce when you do decide to get something. Trust me, it's so much better that way.

4. If you have a baby and I volunteer to bring you a meal, you're getting the Publix chicken deal. Because honestly, it's good, it's easy, and it's cheap. I mean, you can get a whole rotissere chicken (or 8 pieces of the fried stuff), two hot sides (not the potato salad junk), 4 rolls, and a 1/2 gallon of sweet tea for $9.99. You just can't beat it. And they've got some great rotissere flavors...

5. Most of the time spent in the kitchen is spent washing Harris' dishes. Since we don't cook all that often, we don't run the dishwasher a whole lot. At the end of the day, it's just easier to hand wash his sippy cups and spoons and forks and stuff...it takes about 5 minutes, and James and I alternate nights. One of us puts the little guy to bed, the other washes...and then we switch.

6. I do make a mean sweet tea. It's the one thing I make sure to have in my fridge when my brother or sister babysit. Four tea bags, some boiling water (again, I'm a genius with this stuff), two heaping cups of sugar, and a little cold water can go a long way...I totally put the sweet in tea.
7. My dogs love my kitchen floor. In ths summer, they use it quite frequently to cool themselves down...I think it must feel good against their skin. I haven't tried the technique myself, but there are times during the summer when I'm hot enough to think about it. I've seen Harry give it a shot before. And it's so much easier to clean up their drool off the kitchen floor than it is off the carpet.

8. The kitchen floor makes an awesome race track. Harris absolutely loves to hop on one of his many ride-on toys and take off throughout the foyer and kitchen/breakfast area...it's so much fun to watch him. He pumps his legs really fast and then lifts his feet off the ground. He loves those things. And I love to watch him go. It might be my favorite part of the kitchen.

And so now, for the tagging...I think you're supposed to tag three people. I'll definitely go with Kim, Catherine, and Kelly. Many of you are off the hook this time (for example, if you just had a baby)...but know that if I ever get tagged again, I'm coming your way...

5 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

thamks for letting me off the hook this time!!!

Kelly Ford said...

Kelly WHO? I know you must have more than one friend named Kelly, right???

Deanna said...

YAY! See, that wasn't so hard... I have to say though, I stopped by Publix on the way home today for their "chicken dealie thing." Apparently not at every Publix. Dang! They didn't even have hot sides. I also need to start making tea. Between you and Kim (or is it Britton?), maybe I'll get inspired and try one day...

Catherine Boozer said...

How dare you!!!! I don't even have three friends to make do it- my three blogging friends are you, Kim, and Deanna.

Okay, I'll do it but I not figuring out how to do the underliney linky thing.

-C

The Evans' said...

For cooking tip #1, are those BariLLa noodles??? I've just figured out this site - maybe I'll have one up and running soon. Don't hold your breath, though.