Friday, November 2, 2007

Hi Ho, Halloween's here!

I've decided I like Halloween. I mean, it's awesome when you're a kid and you get to dress up and eat candy (that you didn't have to pay for) until you puke, but it gets a little lame sometime during middle school, when you ring the doorbell to a home and the guy who answers gives you one piece of candy while the three-year-old in front of you gets a whole heaping handful. Seriously, who does that guy think will eat more candy? Or maybe it became lame simply because I was (and could still be considered) a dork, and didn't get invited (or don't remember, at least) to too many Halloween shindigs. Whatever. What I'm trying to say is that Halloween has turned out to be a lot of fun the last couple of years.
After our awesome experience picking pumpkins, we let Harry paint his own little guy, while James carved the big one himself. It was messy, but a lot of fun. The look Harris gave me when I told him it was okay to put his fingers in that big blob of messy paint was absolutely priceless. It's one of the same looks James gives me that simply reads, "You must be crazy, woman." Made me laugh.


To celebrate Halloween, we headed over to our church for the "3rd Annual Halloween Festival." This is the first year we've actually had it at our own place (rather than the school where we used to meet), and it was tons of fun. Harris had a great time jumping in the moonwalk, hanging with his friends Quinn and Raven, and sweating to death in his super hot, super cute monkey costume. We gave away our entire bucket of candy, and James even handed out a few single Ritz crackers to a couple of kids...I am in no way responsible for his actions. Here are a few pics documenting the evening:
A snapshot on our porch before leaving for the festival. This might be the same look I got regarding the finger paints. Notice the dogs getting in on the action.

Having a great time at the festival...

Cody competing in the "cake walk..."which he somehow managed to win.

Harris and Raven getting ready to "trunk or treat."
Harry and Quinn hanging out...still contemplating the craziness of the situation...
Monkey man.
And what might possibly be my favorite pic of the whole night...Quinn's cumbersome costume caused her be in the "I've fallen and I can't get up" position, but she continued consuming her Cheetos as if all was right with the world. And her mother let her.
Chillin.
A really, really fun evening.

2 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

how fun!!!!!!!! i love his costume!!!!

Kim the Grand T said...

Who cares if the child is on her side eating cheetos. the best part is that she's eating them off of a completely unclean truck bed! Way to go Mom! Now that is the kind of mom I like. The Grand T