Tuesday, August 7, 2007

No Complaints

Who knew work could be so draining? I love my job (really, I do)...but lately it's been tough. And by "lately," I mean the last two days, because of course I've only been at work for two days. I just didn't want to sound like a huge whiner by writing "two days." "Lately" makes this post seem so much more reasonable. Anyway, enough with the rhetoric. Bottom line is I'm tired.

Today I was given a purple Live Strong-type bracelet with the words "A Complaint Free World" imprinted on the band. Evidently some dude is pushing this no complaining crap on Oprah and The Today Show and other shows of the like, and people all over the place are flocking to this idea. The basic premise is this: You put the bracelet on the wrist of your choice. If you complain, the bracelet is moved to the opposite wrist. The goal is to have the bracelet stay on the same wrist for 21 days (or to not complain for three straight weeks). Sounds pretty good in theory. Too bad sarcasm counts as complaining.

It's actually a neat idea. I will work to choose a positive attitude and be selective of the words I put into the world (I really do need to work on my vocabulary for Harris' sake), but my anal retentive personality just doesn't work with the bracelet idea. All it would take is one little slip of a complaint and I would say to myself, "Well, today's ruined...mine as well as make the most of it and start fresh tomorrow." I just don't think that's what the Complaint Free World guy envisoned.


And besides, this little guy is really all the inspiration I need. Whoa; I just filled my sap quota for the entire year.
















Harris loves his Nemo hat. He's wearing it indoors because I don't let him wear it in public.





1 comment:

Deanna said...

I LOVE THAT HAT! That's so funny that he doesn't like plain old baseball caps - nope, has to be a cartoon character attached...

I'm still laughing about the complaint bracelet too. They'd have taken mine back in disgust after I complained about the color, wearing a bracelet in general, isn't this peer pressure... So, are you wearing one on each wrist yet?