Thursday, August 2, 2007

Who needs a babysitter...and Happy Birthday CoCo!

Who needs a babysitter...when you've got an old dog kennel? Totally kidding...I should probably write that in huge letters before I get turned over to DFACS. If you'd like their number, I unfortunately know it by heart...that's one of the things being a counselor will get ya. Harris just crawled in last night and played for quite a while before his LIFE group friends showed up...and to think you people are willing to leave your kids at my place. Just thought the pic was funny.

On another note...

Happy Birthday CoCo! Tonight we celebrated Cody's twentieth birthday by going to dinner at Longhorn's. Don't be confused by the fact that Cody was actually born on July 2. We're a little bit behind...but who cares, as long as there's a free meal involved. I live for the free meal, remember? And could it get much better than a free meal at Longhorn, where I ordered the Flo's Filet/Salmon combo and justified it by saying I was sharing with Harry? I don't think so. Especially when Harris ended up eating more of James' chicken fingers than anything off of my plate. Thanks for dinner, Mom.


I really don't know why we're taking pictures outside of Longhorn. We see each other almost every day. It's not even like it's a Longhorn in another state, or even county for that matter. It's just the old school Longhorn by the movie theater. I can't explain or justify the pics in any way. It's not even Cody's real birthday. I also have no idea why James insisted on taking these pictures rather than being a part of them. Like he didn't want to claim us as family or something. But then, he redeemed himself and guaranteed us another free meal sometime in the near future by allowing me to snap a shot including him.

And this one below is just thrown in for fun. Poor Cassidy was so worried about the pony that lives on Fence Road. Evidently, she was planning on throwing him some carrots out her car window today, but he wasn't in his pasture (otherwise known as his owner's front yard). She was worried. But don't fear, good ol' Freddie Mercury (as she named earlier in the week) is alive and kickin'. James and I saw him tonight. So have your carrots ready next time you're out his way.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I am laughing SO HARD RIGHT NOW. I don't even know where to start. I'm thinking that E was afraid he would be put in the kennel last night...so maybe that's why he freaked out??

And the last picture. I have to stop laughing first...

Catherine Boozer said...

I totally feel sorry for the pony too. I have often thought about him as I drove by. But I have to say that throwing carrots out the window never crossed my mind, I have also never named him- Freddie Mercury is a great one- that's what I will call him from now on.

Catherine Boozer said...

PS (FROM THE BUG MAN)

Brian says that he wishes so badly that he could have been riding south down Lawrenceville Suwanee so he could have blasted his horn at the FAM while they were taking pictures in front of the Longhorn. He also says you had to make an extra trip just to get to the Longhorn sign- there are no parking spaces close to it.

Kim the Grand T said...

Hey! Who is that hot girl behind that asian chick who is worried about that dead guy from the band QUEEN? Does she have a boyfriend? Is she looking for a hookup? Do you have more pictures of HER?